How to get Google to crawl your Google Site or other websites and improve your search performance
- To get
Crawlingcaptures and indexes a site at a particular point in time — ensuring that search engines have the most current version of your site.
- Google may take a few weeks to crawl your site, but you can check on the status using the Index Coverage report or the URL Inspection tool.
If you've made updates to your Google Site or personal website, you may want to request that Google "crawl" your site.
Crawling is a software process that takes a full snapshot of all the content on a particular webpage. That snapshot is what search engines use to direct users to your site. That means that if you've made significant changes to your website, but Google has not yet collected the most recent snapshot, people won't be directed to your new content.Recrawling is an automated process, but you can also request that the company re-index your site. There are two ways to ask that Google recrawl your site, a process that can take up to a few weeks, with no significant difference in length between each method. Submitting multiple requests also won't get your site re-indexed any faster.
If you need Google to crawl your updated site, here's how to do it.
How to get Google to crawl your site1. Open the Google Search Console.
2. Enter the URL of your Google Site under "URL Prefix."3. Verify your site ownership for Google using one of the following listed methods:
- HTML file
- HTML tag
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Domain Name Provider
4. After completing whichever process you've selected,
5. In the confirmation message box, click "Go to property."6. Choose the "URL Inspector" tool from the left-hand column.
7. Copy and paste the URL of your site into the tool's search box at the top of the page.
8. Once the search process is complete, click "Test Live URL" in the dashboard's upper-left corner.9. Select "Request Indexing."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar