How to trim a TikTok video in 2 ways, and make precise edits to your videos
- You can trim a
TikTokvideo's length in two ways, depending on whether you're shooting a new video or uploading a premade one.
- If you want to trim a TikTok video that you've just shot, you can use the "Adjust clips" feature.
- When you upload a video to TikTok from your phone, you'll be required to trim it before you finish.
- TikTok videos can't be longer than 60 seconds, or shorter than one second.
View all Offers
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 31% OFF
Apple iPhone XR (64GB) - Black₹ 32999₹ 47900Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
If brevity is the soul of wit, then TikTok is pretty witty.
One of TikTok's defining features is its length limits. Videos shared on TikTok can be anywhere from one second to one minute long, and the app gives users precise control over how long their clips are.
However, these controls aren't always the easiest to use or understand.
Whether you just shot a video in the TikTok app on your
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to trim a TikTok video you just shot
1. Shoot your video in TikTok, then after stopping the recording, tap the red checkmark icon.
2. Tap the word and icon for "Adjust clips" near the top-right of the screen.
3. A bar will appear at the bottom of the screen, containing your clip. Use the red sliders on either side to change the start and end time of the clip, then tap "Save" in the top-right.
4. Tap "Next," then select your posting options and hit "Post" or "Drafts" to save the file.
How to trim a TikTok video from your phone library
1. Open the TikTok app and tap the plus icon in the bottom-center of the screen.
2. Tap "Upload" in the bottom-right, find and tap the video you want to add from your phone, and then tap "Next."
3. Use the red sliders at the bottom of the screen to change the start and end time of the clip, then hit "Next."
4. Add any effects or music you want, then post or save the video to your drafts.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report