Google announced Android 13 Beta at I/O 2022: Here’s what’s new
beta version of Android 13will let you try out many features before official release.
- Android 13 to add more features for foldable phones and tablets.
- Find out what’s new with
Android 13 Beta.
The Android 13 comes with an updated new permission setting to control apps sending you notifications. It brings improved permission settings for pairing with nearby devices. It has all-new ‘Material You’ design language elements that allow you to match app icon colours with themes and pre-app language selection along with other new customisation options.
Android 13 also brings new enhancements for foldable phones and tablets. It includes a quick setting panel, new notifications settings and more. Other additions include support for Bluetooth LE Audio.
Granular controls for privacy and security
Android 13 will give control to users to choose between ‘Photos and Videos’ and ‘Music and Audio’ when an app asks for permission to access files. Earlier, the setting was limited to ‘Files and media’ that allowed app to access internal storage. Also, Android 13 will show alerts whenever an app access something in the background.
More optimisation for tablets
For tablets, Android 13 is introducing more multitasking options. With a newly updated taskbar, users can easily switch between apps and drop any app from the library onto the home screen. In addition, users can run two apps side-by-side in a split-screen view.
Here’s how to download Android 13 Beta on your phone
Twitter loses 2 executives as it freezes most hiring ahead of Elon Musk's takeover
Popular on BI
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries