Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Errol Musk said Elon sent him a text telling him to "keep quiet" after recent media comments.
- Elon's father told Daily Mail Australia that his 3 daughters refused to speak to him 'for days'.
Errol Musk said he received a text message from Elon telling him to "keep quiet" after he said he wasn't proud of his son.
In an interview with Daily Mail Australia, Musk said he had misunderstood a question in a recent interview on Australian radio by answering "no" when asked if he proud of Elon.
"I didn't actually notice her question about being proud. It was only when I listened to the recording afterwards that I realized," he told the newspaper.
"If you ask any parent if they are proud of their son, you are proud of them from the day they are born."
Nevertheless Musk said his three daughters – Alexandra, Asha, and Tosca – didn't talk to him for days after his comments on Australian radio.
"Elon knows it's not true, so he would never get upset about it. He just laughs this kind of stuff off," Musk said.
He told the Daily Mail that Elon sent him a text following his comments which said: ''Dad, the press play you like a fiddle, so please keep quiet."
In the 20-minute radio interview, Musk said about his children: "They've seen a lot of things, and we've done a lot of things together, but Elon has in fact sort of really surpassed the mark."
Despite this success with Tesla and SpaceX, Musk said his son was "not as happy as he'd like to be" because he "feels like he's behind schedule" with his companies.
Elon Musk is being sued by Twitter after walking away from a $44 billion takeover deal but has countersued the platform. The case is due to be heard in October in a Delaware court.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps, taking rates to a high of 6.25%
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000