Google search results prove that Indians are worried about the air quality and climate change
Photo by Benjamin Dada on Unsplash
- Air quality index was one of the most searched items in the ‘Near Me’ category.
- Amazon rainforest fires was among the most searched news items.
- The search results indicate people are concerned about climate change and its impact on their lives.
Google divides the search trends in various categories and one such category is – Near me. It gives you results based on your location. One of the items in this category was ‘air quality index near me’. Indians also searched for ‘Amazon rainforest fires’ showing an increasing curiosity for the impact of climate change.
To recall, the air quality in Delhi NCR and surrounding areas was often at ‘hazardous’ and ‘severe’ levels in October and November and the Delhi government had implemented the odd-even scheme to combat air pollution.
Searches for ‘
What is air quality index?
The air quality index (AQI) is an index used for reporting the air quality on a continuous basis. It is a measure of how the air quality in your local area affects your health in a short period of time. The AQI is calculated for four major air pollutants - ground level ozone, particle pollution, carbon monoxide, and sulphur dioxide.
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service