I love Google's new Pixelbook Go, but it's a baffling $850 device that no one should buy
- Google's Pixelbook Go is a perfect secondary, portable, use-anywhere internet-browsing Chromebook that complements a larger, more powerful computer.
- All it really does is run the Chrome web browser, which is all I want from a little laptop that complements my big, powerful computer.
- Except it has one critical flaw: An $850 price tag.
- For that money, you can get a great Windows 10 13-inch laptop that's similarly portable, runs full apps, and is much more versatile. For $150 more, you can pick up an Apple MacBook Air.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In almost every respect, the $850 Pixelbook Go is a perfect solution for anyone who wants a secondary, portable, use-anywhere internet-browsing laptop that complements a larger, more powerful computer.
I have to compete with my wife for Pixelbook Go time on the living room couch or in the kitchen. I'll try the excuse that I need to use it to review it, but she doesn't care.
"Don't you have a bunch of other laptops in the house?" she'll ask me. Yes, there are about five other laptops I could use. But I want that one. The Pixelbook Go.
And yet, never have I loved a device so much but recommended so little.
Check it out:
The Pixelbook Go is a lightweight, compact internet machine with great battery life that does whatever I need to do at home or while traveling.
The Pixelbook Go's keyboard, touchpad, screen, and speakers make it a joy to use, too.
It's a shame that Google didn't keep the original Pixelbook's 360-degree rotating display,.
None of the Pixelbook Go's pros and cons matter, because you shouldn't buy this thing anyway.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- RBI continues to ‘watch inflation’ closely even as industry hopes for a pause
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023