Watch Elon Musk warn he's a 'wild card' in his 'SNL' teaser with Miley Cyrus
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk will host Saturday Night Live on May 8 with Miley Cyrus.
- SNL dropped a teaser for the episode on Thursday and it took off on social media.
- Musk is only the second billionaire to host the popular comedy sketch show.
Saturday Night Live dropped a promotional video on Thursday for Elon Musk's SNL episode, set for this weekend.
Tesla and SpaceX's CEO will be hosting the comedy sketch show with Miley Cyrus as musical guest on May 8.
The video provides a peek into what Musk's performance might look like, as it will be his debut on the show and one of his first major media appearances. In the past, Musk has been included in brief cameos on Iron Man 2, South Park, and The Simpsons, but he's mostly shied away from live television.
Musk is joined in the video by Cyrus, as well as SNL cast member Cecily Strong. In the video, Musk highlights the unknowns that come with bringing the controversial billionaire onto the show.
"I'm a wild card, so there's no telling what I may do," he said from behind his trademark bandana face mask.
Musk and Cyrus took to social media to promote the May 8 episode.
-Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 7, 2021
His scheduled appearance on the popular comedy show had been wrought with controversy since it was announced in April. Some cast members took to social media to express concern about appearing alongside the billionaire. On Saturday, Page Six reported that cast members could opt out of the episode.
Musk is only the second billionaire to appear on Saturday Night Live after former president Donald Trump hosted in 2015. Trump's appearance provided record ratings for NBC.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees
- IAF aircraft Mirage 2000 crashes in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, pilot ejected safely
- Wunderman Thompson South Asia’s Tarun Rai moves into a new role as Executive Director Strategic Initiatives, APAC