Watch Elon Musk warn he's a 'wild card' in his 'SNL' teaser with Miley Cyrus
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk will host Saturday Night Live on May 8 with Miley Cyrus.
- SNL dropped a teaser for the episode on Thursday and it took off on social media.
- Musk is only the second billionaire to host the popular comedy sketch show.
Saturday Night Live dropped a promotional video on Thursday for Elon Musk's SNL episode, set for this weekend.
Tesla and SpaceX's CEO will be hosting the comedy sketch show with Miley Cyrus as musical guest on May 8.
The video provides a peek into what Musk's performance might look like, as it will be his debut on the show and one of his first major media appearances. In the past, Musk has been included in brief cameos on Iron Man 2, South Park, and The Simpsons, but he's mostly shied away from live television.
Musk is joined in the video by Cyrus, as well as SNL cast member Cecily Strong. In the video, Musk highlights the unknowns that come with bringing the controversial billionaire onto the show.
"I'm a wild card, so there's no telling what I may do," he said from behind his trademark bandana face mask.
Musk and Cyrus took to social media to promote the May 8 episode.
-Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 7, 2021
His scheduled appearance on the popular comedy show had been wrought with controversy since it was announced in April. Some cast members took to social media to express concern about appearing alongside the billionaire. On Saturday, Page Six reported that cast members could opt out of the episode.
Musk is only the second billionaire to appear on Saturday Night Live after former president Donald Trump hosted in 2015. Trump's appearance provided record ratings for NBC.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani