The 12 most popular IKEA products of all time
Owning IKEA furniture is practically a rite of passage for millennials leaving their college dorms behind and couples sharing the first apartment.
The company releases some 2,500 new products annually, but since the Swedish ready-to-assemble furniture company was founded in 1943, some favorite products have emerged and stood the test of time. The Poäng armchair just celebrated its 40th birthday, while a Billy bookcase is sold every 10 seconds somewhere in the world.
We asked IKEA to point us towards the company's most popular products of all time. These are not necessarily the best-selling overall - it's hard to calculate that since not all products are sold internationally and some have a limited release - but rather the top-selling products in an array of individual categories, like armchairs or bed frames.
Take a look.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike