These 'gamer shoes' are terrible, overpriced, and a perfect example of why 'gaming'-branded stuff sucks
Ben Gilbert/Business Insider
- The K-Swiss One Tap, seen above, is touted as the "world's first performance esports shoe."
- The $125 shoe is part of a cross-promotion with esports organization Made In Brazil (MiBR).
- What is a "performance esports shoe"? I attempted to find out by wearing the One Taps for a week, both while playing games and going about my regular life in New York.
- Like so many other products with "gamer" branding, the K-Swiss One Taps are little more than an tasteless cash-in. Worse, they're unattractive and uncomfortable.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
You could wear, or not wear, any pair of shoes while playing video games. After all, we're talking about an activity that never requires the use of your feet.
With that in mind, K-Swiss' One Tap shoes are intentionally made with gaming as the focus. They're touted as "the world's first performance esports shoe." They're even made in partnership with an esports group, Made in Brazil.
So, uh, what does any of that actually mean for the person wearing these shoes? I spent a week trying to figure that out while wearing the One Taps all over New York City.