Yahoo is reportedly in talks to buy Foursquare for $900 million
According to Lunden's sources, the deal between Yahoo and Foursquare "is done," but the final details are still being worked out.
Foursquare and Yahoo make sense for a few reasons. First, Marissa Mayer and Dennis Crowley are friends, and Mayer is interested in making Yahoo a strong mobile company. Foursquare has tons of valuable location data, even if its user growth metrics haven't been strong in some time.
Additionally, Crowley would almost certainly rather sell to Mayer than a company like Google Crowley sold his first startup, Dodgeball, to Google and it was promptly shut down. The experience was devastating for Crowley and he's not likely to make the same mistake twice.
We have been reaching out to sources but have been unable to confirm the acquisition rumor. We'll update this story as soon as we know more.
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning