It looks like a hundred more Pokemon are coming to 'Pokemon Go'
If you've already caught everything in "Pokémon Go" or you just gave up a few months ago, there's good news: There might finally be new Pokémon to catch soon.
Yes, seriously. For real. Some data-miners found unused code in the game's latest update that adds Pokédex entries for the second generation of Pokémon, which debuted in "Pokémon Gold & Silver." That includes classics like Chikorita, Totodile and Celebi.
One more thing to note is that files for Ditto, the elusive pink transforming Pokémon, also appeared in this update. Could we get an update soon that adds second generation Pokémon and Ditto?
I sure hope so. "Pokémon Go" desperately needs something to bring back the zeitgeist that made the game so engaging back in July and August. If the game gets people to whip out their phones and congregate around lured up Pokéstop games again, that would be amazing.
Of course, as usual, developer Niantic hasn't said anything about this and it probably won't until it's time to make an official announcement. Hopefully we know more before the end of 2016.
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes