List of 89 apps banned for Indian Army soldiers
Indian Armyhas banned 89 apps that it believes could be used to leak information to foreign intelligence agencies.
list of banned appsincludes 15 dating apps like Tinder, OkCupid, Bumble and TrulyMadly.
- The Indian Army has also banned “all Tencent gaming apps”.
AdvertisementThe Indian Army has 89 apps including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and a slew of dating apps that could be used to target Indian army personnel.
The news comes in after the central government banned 59 Chinese apps nationwide that were allegedly prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
AdvertisementThe list of apps banned by the Indian Army also includes news apps — News Dog and Daily Hunt — video conferencing tool Zoom, True Caller, Hungama, Hike and Reddit.
Here’s the full list of apps banned by the Indian Army:
- To Tok
- UC Browser
- UC Browser Mini
- Fast Films
- Vigo Video
- Cam Scanner
- Beauty Plus
- True Caller
- NONO Live
- Clash of Kings
- All Tencent gaming apps
- Mobile Legends
- Club Factory
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Elite Singles
- Couch Surfing
- 360 Security
- Daily Hunt
- News Dog
- Heal of Y
- Private Blogs
Intel will speed up Mukesh Ambani’s 5G run, power him with AI and possibly a Jio laptop— all in return for massive amount of data
PM Modi addresses Indian Army on India-China border — ‘The enemies of India have seen your fire and fury’
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister