List of 89 apps banned for Indian Army soldiers
Indian Armyhas banned 89 apps that it believes could be used to leak information to foreign intelligence agencies.
list of banned appsincludes 15 dating apps like Tinder, OkCupid, Bumble and TrulyMadly.
- The Indian Army has also banned “all Tencent gaming apps”.
The news comes in after the central government banned 59 Chinese apps nationwide that were allegedly prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
The list of apps banned by the Indian Army also includes news apps — News Dog and Daily Hunt — video conferencing tool Zoom, True Caller, Hungama, Hike and Reddit.
Here’s the full list of apps banned by the Indian Army:
- To Tok
- UC Browser
- UC Browser Mini
- Fast Films
- Vigo Video
- Cam Scanner
- Beauty Plus
- True Caller
- NONO Live
- Clash of Kings
- All Tencent gaming apps
- Mobile Legends
- Club Factory
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Elite Singles
- Couch Surfing
- 360 Security
- Daily Hunt
- News Dog
- Heal of Y
- Private Blogs
Intel will speed up Mukesh Ambani’s 5G run, power him with AI and possibly a Jio laptop— all in return for massive amount of data
PM Modi addresses Indian Army on India-China border — ‘The enemies of India have seen your fire and fury’
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19