Here’s how to check your bank account balance using WhatsApp Pay
- You will have to first link your bank account to
- The bank account balance can be viewed either from settings or from the payment message screen.
- To view your account balance, you will need to input the UPI PIN.
AdvertisementMost of us use WhatsApp as an instant messaging application, but since last year, the Facebook-owned platform has been offering UPI payments in India. You can use WhatsApp to send and receive money just like any other UPI payment applications such as Google Pay, PhonePe and Paytm.
If you haven’t set up WhatsApp payment, you can do that in the app by heading over to the Payments option in Settings on iOS devices or by tapping the three-dot More options icon on Android devices. Select ‘Add payment method’ and follow the instructions. It’s important to note that you can only select a bank account that is associated with your WhatsApp number. At the end of the process, you will have to set up a PIN which has to be remembered for making further use of the UPI payment services.
Once you have set-up the payment method and added a bank account, you can check your bank account’s balance using the two methods given below.
Check bank account balance from Settings.
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- On iOS, tap on Settings at the bottom of the screen, or on Android OS, tap on the three-dot icon at the top right of the main screen.
- Select Payments.
- Under the Payment methods, choose the relevant bank account.
- Tap on View Account Balance and it will prompt you to input the PIN.
- Your bank account balance will be displayed once you enter the PIN.
Check bank account balance when sending money
You can also check your account balance while sending money from the payment message screen. Follow the steps below to check your balance.
- From the payment message screen, tap on the available payment method.
- If you have linked more than one bank account to WhatsApp Pay, tap on the account whose balance you wish to view.
- Now, tap on View Account Balance.
- When prompted, enter the PIN to check your account balance.
How to take screenshots on Windows 10, 8 and 7
How to delete Facebook account permanently
How to fix Gmail if you're not receiving emails
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP