'Does Roku have HBO Go?': How to watch HBO Go through your Roku streaming device, if it's compatible
- Yes, you can watch
HBO Goon Rokudevices if you want to download and watch movies and shows through the app, but there's a catch.
- HBO Go is supported on all 3rd generation and newer Roku devices; 2nd generation and older Rokus no longer get updates, and likely won't work correctly with HBO Go.
- No matter how you access HBO Go, its media is only viewable inside the United States and in select US territories.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you have a Roku device or a Roku-enabled TV and you subscribe to HBO Go, then you can gear up for watching episodes of "Westworld," "The Sopranos," and all your other favorite HBO programming.
Roku's app store has HBO Go, meaning the premium cabler's app is compatible with Roku devices. That is, as long as you have a third-generation or newer Roku streaming player or
There are a few quick and easy steps to getting HBO Go on Roku. Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to watch HBO Go through your Roku device or smart TV
1. Turn on your Roku TV or TV with a Roku device attached.
2. Hit the "Home" button on your Roku remote.
3. Scroll and select "Search."
4. Type in "HBO Go" and select the app when it appears in the search results.
5. Once on the HBO Go channel info page, hit "Add channel."
6. Return to the Roku main screen by clicking the "Home" button on the remote.
7. Scroll until you see the newly added HBO Go channel, then select it to open it.
8. Select "Browse" in the top right corner of the app, then find the "Welcome" link and press "OK" on the remote.
9. Hit "Sign In" and wait for a six-number code to appear on the screen. Write it down.
10. Go to activate.hbogo.com on a computer or your phone's web browser and enter the code.
11. Your TV screen will update, and your HBO Go account will be connected to your Roku.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- LinkedIn is the most expensive digital advertising platform but is it worth it?
- ITC, Bharti Airtel, Indian Oil Corp among stocks to watch out for on May 18
- Here’s how you can check Prudent Corporate IPO’s allotment status, GMP and more
- Ethos IPO opens today — check out important details related to the IPO
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22