How to open a bank savings account using video KYC
- The RBI allowed banks to integrate
video KYCin the account opening process in January 2020.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has now introduced video KYC for customers opening new Kotak 811 savings accounts.
- Other major banks are working on video KYC and are expected to launch the facility soon.
AdvertisementIn January 2020, India’s central bank the Reserve Bank of India amended the Know Your Customer (KYC) norms, allowing banks to use video calling to complete the KYC process for new customers.
Now, amid the coronavirus pandemic, Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced that customers can open a full-fledged Kotak 811 savings account, becoming the first bank in the country to introduce video KYC in the account opening process.
This will allow customers to open a bank account and finish the KYC process from the safety of their home. As per reports, other major banks are also working on launching their video KYC platforms.
Shanti Ekambaram, Group President – Consumer Banking, Kotak Mahindra Bank, said, “In the new normal world that we must now adapt to in the aftermath of COVID-19, Kotak’s emphasis on digital-first initiatives takes on even more meaning. In this context, Video KYC can prove to be a game changer where customer verification is completed from the comfort of one’s home or office without the need for a physical interaction.”
How to open Kotak 811 savings account with video KYC
Here’s what you need to open a Kotak 811 savings account
- Aadhaar number
- PAN card
- A paper and pen to upload your signature
- A proper background with good lighting
- Clear view of the customer’s face
- To begin, go to Kotak Mahindra Bank’s website.
- Now, click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Enter your name, mobile number and email ID.
- Provide the bank consent to use Aadhar to open your account.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar number, PAN and communication address.
- Now, allow access to your phone’s location to begin the video KYC.
- The bank executive will begin the video KYC.
- Once your video KYC is completed, a Kotak 811 savings account will be opened.
Here is a list of bank ATMs that allow you to recharge your Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone numbers
How to apply for emergency loan from SBI
How to schedule WhatsApp messages
Popular on BI
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Indian consumers are upgrading their TV sets as early as 8 years now thanks to the pandemic
- SpiceJet flight makes an emergency landing again – sixth incident in 3 months
- Fear of muted earnings, stagflation could bring bears in action — Nifty to remain volatile for 3 months
- Best food processor in India 2022
- Inflation is making Indian companies borrow more – that's bad news when interest rates are high