How to create a chart or graph in Google Sheets to get a visual display of your data
- You can easily create a graph in
Google Sheetsto get a visual display of your data.
- Once added, you can further customize the chart or graph so that it displays the information in the most comprehensible way.
- Here's how to use
Spreadsheets can be extremely useful tools in themselves, but at a certain point, all that data can just be too much to process.
That's when a chart or graph can help clarify things. If you use Google Sheets, you can easily add a chart to your existing spreadsheet in just a few simple steps.
Here's what you need to know to get it done.
How to create a graph in Google Sheets
Creating a graph in Google Sheets is fairly simple as long as you're logged into your Google account.
1. Open your Google Sheet, or create a new one by going to sheets.new and inputting your data into a sheet.
2. Select the cells you want to use in your chart by clicking the first cell and holding shift on your
3. In the top toolbar, select "Insert" and then "Chart."
4. Your chart or graph will then appear over your spreadsheet. Google Sheets will select whichever chart it deems as the best option for your data. However, you can always change the kind of chart or graph used by clicking the drop-down menu in the chart editor, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000