How to use filters and effects on TikTok to add flair to your videos
- You can use
TikTokfilters and effectsto add visual enhancements when making a video on the app.
- Filters are found on the top-right side of the screen when in Create mode.
- Effects are found at the bottom-left side of the screen in Create mode; you can also save effects from other people's videos.
If you crave more variety in your video effects when you make TikTok videos, you're in luck. TikTok offers a wealth of filters and effects that you can apply to your clips with just a couple of taps. Confusingly, though, TikTok puts its large array of effects in two places within its Create mode screen:
How to use filters on TikTok
You can only see TikTok's filters when you are in Create mode, so we'll start by getting ready to make a video.
1. Start the TikTok app and tap the Create button at the bottom center of the screen.
2. Tap Filters on the right side of the screen. A Filters pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. Swipe to browse the options. You can tap the tabs (like Portrait, Landscape, Food, and Vibe) to instantly scroll directly to that set of filters. Or you can just swipe and scroll through all of the options.
4. Tap a filter you want to use.
5. Drag the slider to the left or right to decrease or increase the intensity of the filter effect.
6. When you're happy with the effect, tap the screen and then record your video normally. To remove the filter, tap the Stop icon at the far left.
Quick tip: Tap Management to the right of the filter tabs to add or remove filters from the list. You can do this to customize the set of filters to just the ones you want to use most often.
How to use effects on TikTok
TikTok also has a huge number of lens effects scattered across more than a dozen categories, but they're located in a different place than filters.
1. Start the TikTok app and tap the Record button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Effects at the bottom of the screen.
3. Swipe to browse the available filters. Swipe up and down to see all the filters in the current tab category, and swipe left or right to change categories. There are more than a dozen categories (including Green Screen, Interactive, Animals, and Music) and each category can have anywhere from 50 to hundreds of effects.
4. Tap an effect that you want to use. Some are interactive or require additional input; others are ready to record as soon as you tap them.
5. To remove an effect you don't like, tap the Stop icon at the far left of the categories.
Because there are so many lens effects, TikTok makes it easy to find interesting effects in other people's videos and save them to use on your own. If you watch a video that includes an effect, you should see the effect listed at the bottom right of the video. Tap it, and you can save the effect among your favorites.
After saving the effect, you can find it in the Favorites tab to the left of all the categories in the Effects window.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Gautam Adani drops out of top 10 richest people list: Just $2.2 bn ahead of Mukesh Ambani
- To not ‘police’ children’s creativity, moms create child-friendly art products & find investors on Shark Tank India
- India depended on others to solve its problems, it's now working to solve global problems: President Murmu
- Balaji Solutions, Enviro Infra Engineers get Sebi nod to float IPO
- Docu-series on Yash Chopra's legacy titled 'The Romantics' to drop on Netflix