How to check the IMEI number on your phone
IMEI numberof your phone is essential in case you lose your phone or want to sell it.
- Using the IMEI number, your phone can be tracked or blacklisted to prevent misuse.
- This article informs you about various ways to check the IMEI number.
If you lost your phone, you can track the device even if the SIM card has been removed using the IMEI number. If the phone has been stolen, you can blacklist the phone using the IMEI number to prevent any misuse or unlawful usage. Noting down the IMEI number when you have your phone is essential in case of emergencies. You can check the IMEI number on your phone by following the steps given below.
Here’s how you can check your phone IMEI number:
AdvertisementBy using USSD code on any smartphone:
Using the USSD method should be your priority as it is universal and simple. It requires you to have your phone and then follow the simple steps.
- Dial “*#06#” on your phone
- The IMEI number will be displayed which you can note down or take a screenshot for future reference.
Phone box or bill
The IMEI number is printed on the bill of your phone, either you buy it online or at a retail store. You can also find the IMEI printed on the box which came with the phone. You can keep the two safe in case you need them for emergencies or if you decide to sell the phone.
On Android device using settings:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Go to “About Phone” at the top or scroll down to the bottom of the screen depending on the phone you are using.
- Look for “Status” and you will find the IMEI number associated with each SIM slot. You can note down the numbers for future reference.
On iPhone using settings:
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “General” and then tap “About”.
- You can scroll down to find the IMEI number associated with your iPhone.
- You can hold and copy the number for future reference.
To find out the IMEI number or erase all data from your Android smartphone if it is lost, you can log in to the Google account associated with your phone and follow the instructions below.
- Go to Google Dashboard and scroll down to “Android Backups”.
- Here, you can get all information about devices registered with this email address.
- You can check the IMEI number in the “Information” symbol next to the phone’s name.
- You can note it down to report a loss or for future usage.
How to join missed group calls on WhatsApp
Here’s how you can transfer photos from mobile phone to laptop
Popular on BI
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns