Microsoft’s new Security Copilot assistant adds AI smarts to cybersecurity using GPT-4
Image credits- Canva
Microsoft Security Copilotutilizes OpenAI's GPT-4 model and a security-focused model developed by Microsoft.
- The system gathers security-specific skills to help security professionals track down threats.
- Pricing and availability information isn’t available yet.
AdvertisementMicrosoft has announced a new AI-powered assistant for cybersecurity professionals called Security Copilot, following the launch of its AI-powered Copilot assistant for Office apps. This new assistant is designed to help defenders identify breaches and make sense of the vast amounts of signals and data they encounter daily.
According to the company, it is utilizing the 65 trillion daily signals Microsoft gathers from its threat intelligence gathering and security-specific skills to help security professionals track down threats.
Here’s how Microsoft Security Copilot will empower defenders with the help of AI.
Simplify the complex
Security Copilot helps defenders respond to security incidents faster, taking only minutes instead of hours or days. It uses natural language to provide guidance and context, making incident investigation and response quicker. This frees up defenders to focus on important tasks.
Catch what others miss
Security Copilot empowers defenders to detect potentially unnoticed malicious behavior and threat indicators. By providing real-time prioritized threat alerts and utilizing Microsoft's global threat intelligence for continuous reasoning, Security Copilot can anticipate the next move of threat actors, giving defenders an advantage.
Empowering security teams
Security Copilot can help the security team become experts. It can answer simple and complex security questions, improve their skills, and give advice based on your company's preferences. It also helps new team members to learn new skills and ways of doing things. With Security Copilot, your security team can be better and act like a larger, more experienced team.
Other capabilities of the Security Copilot
- Access to state-of-the-art OpenAI models for high-stakes security applications and tasks.
- A security-focused framework that caters to the distinct requirements of security experts by leveraging ongoing reinforcement, learning, and user input.
- Security products and the massive amount of threat data (65 trillion signals) that Microsoft analyzes daily provide constant visibility and evergreen threat intelligence. This ensures that security teams are equipped with up-to-date knowledge about attackers, including their tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- By integrating with Microsoft's comprehensive end-to-end security portfolio, users can benefit from a highly efficient experience that leverages the full range of security signals.
Music to help focus, home design & many tasks that AI can help with
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
Popular on BI
- Bullet Train to be operational within three years, Ayodhya airport by December end: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia
- Fintech repository to be set up by April 2024, says Shaktikanta Das
- From dreams to reality – three stories of sellers from Flipkart that stand testimony to resilience of women entrepreneurs in India
- YouTube's new 'Pause' feature lets you prevent new comments on videos
- UPI transaction limit for education and healthcare hiked to ₹5 lakh per day