The best rechargeable battery charger
- High-quality rechargeable battery chargers don't overcharge your batteries, extend the life of the cells, and are easy to use.
- The Nitecore D4 Charger is our top pick because it has all of the above features as well as a large display and it can auto-detect and charge a wide array of batteries.
- You can also check out our guide to the best rechargeable batteries you can buy.
Americans throw away more than 180,000 tons of batteries every year. Rechargeable batteries can be reused 1,000 times or, in some cases, even more. This is not only good for the environment, but it also saves you plenty of cash in the long run. But, rechargeable batteries can be a real pain if you don't have a good charger. To help you figure out which ones are worth your money, we will explore what to look for in a household battery charger and which models are the best.
You want a charger that will juice up your batteries as quickly as possible, right? Think again. High-speed charging severely shortens the lifespan of your batteries. Instead, look for a charger that offers "gentle" or "slow" charging. If you are concerned about having to wait for the charging to complete before using your device again, consider buying a couple sets of batteries for the device. Some chargers also have a "conditioning" function. This cycles your batteries through discharging and recharging in order to help them reach their full capacity and lengthen their life.Some chargers are known as "smart chargers." This means they stop charging your batteries once they are full. This is opposed to "dumb chargers," which tend to charge for a certain amount of time. Dumb chargers are less effective and, in some cases, dangerous.
While researching the best battery chargers, we examined thousands of expert and buyer reviews and ratings of several models. Our guide features chargers with a track record of versatility, durability, and performance.
Here are the best rechargeable battery chargers you can buy:
- Best battery charger overall: Nitecore D4 Charger
- Best 8-cell battery charger: Powerex 8-Cell Smart Charger
- Best battery charger for vaping: XTAR VC4 Charger
- Best charger for AA and AAA batteries: Panasonic Cell Battery Charger Pack
- Best affordable battery charger: AmazonBasics Ni-MH AA & AAA Battery Charger
Updated on 10/21/2019 by Monica Chin: Updated prices and links.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.