Wait Until You Hear The Crazy Story About How John McAfee Founded His Coffee Company
He's now taken up refuge in the US and recently ran this Q&A session on Slashdot. In it, he tells the weirdest story about how New River Coffee, his coffee company, was founded.
We'll let him take it from here:
"I became interested in quorum sensing (the means of communication favored by bacteria) the instant I heard about the concept. I hired a young PhD. who had written the definitive paper on the subject – a young woman named Allison Adonicio – and set up a lab in the jungle to research anti-quorum sensing properties of tropical plants. You can read all about it at quorumex.com.
"Against all odds, the woman turned out to be crazier than myself. After a year and a half, the fractured elements of her psyche reassembled themselves into an exact likeness of a snarling ferret and she self-destructed. She destroyed all of our research results, destroyed our bacteria samples, erased the hard drives of our computers, destroyed our carefully collect plant samples and went home to Boston. I cogitated the situation for a brief period, said, "F--k it!" and went into the coffee business. Thus was formed the New River Coffee Company."
If you can make heads or tails of it, feel free to explain in the comments.
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report