Xiaomi’s new Mi gaming laptop packs more power and better graphics
- Mi’s 2019 Gaming Laptop stocks updated 9th Generation Intel Core Processor.
- Laptop’s display beefed up to handle a 144Hz refresh rate
- Entry level prices for the 2019 version begin from RMB 7,499, which approximately ₹ 75,000.
While the laptop’s exterior design is identical to last year’s model, the internals have been upgraded The laptop now features the 9th Generation Intel Core processors and stocks a new display with a refresh rate of 144Hz.
The 15.6-inch display has an 81% screen to body ratio so users can fully engage with entertainment.
The Mi Gaming Laptop can be configured with up to a 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H processor, 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD.
It also has a four-zone LED capable keyboard, glass touchpad, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and two 3W speakers with Dolby Audio support. Essentially, you can game with the lights shut off.
The laptop also features four USB 3.0 ports, one headphone jack, ethernet, HDMI and a 3 in 1 card reader.
However, the front camera is a little underwhelming with only a 1-megapixel lens. But, the machine tries to make up for it by providing a 55Whr battery that is rated for up to 4 hours of video streaming, 4.5 hours of video playback and 4.5 hours of web browsing.
The laptop is available in 3 variants with the entry-level 8GB RAM and GeForce GTX 1660Ti enabled configurations starting at RMB 7,499 (₹ 75,000). But, users can plug in more RAM and upgrade the graphics card if they can shell out up to RMB 8,999 (₹ 90,000).
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over